Religion Blogs - Blog Top Sites

Wedding week: the ceremony!

It was time for the wedding ceremony!  We chose to have a morning wedding.  I have always wanted a morning wedding and morning weddings happen to be very British, so it worked out well for us.

Here’s my cousin Israel, walking one of my grandmother’s down the aisle.  The grandmothers and mothers walked in to Iris and Jasper by Hans Zimmer from the movie The Holiday.

And then escorting my mother into the chapel…

Bridesmaid Ashley, one of ten.  The bridesmaids walked in to Love is Waiting by Brooke Fraser.

And bridesmaid Christan, bringing up the rear.

After the bridesmaids had entered, the chapel doors were closed and the song Holy Lord Carry On by Sandi Patty began playing.  This song came out when I was a child and, for some reason, I used to play it on repeat while walking around my bedroom with my bed sheets tied to me like a wedding dress.  I must have practiced that “walk down the aisle” hundreds of times as a child, with that song playing in the background.  So, naturally, that’s what I chose to have for my real walk down the aisle.

The girls entered first…

And then I entered.

This picture of Paul as he watched me coming down the aisle makes me feel so loved.

The ceremony was great.  The pastor began by mentioning my time with Starlite, the fabulous five and my foster children and how all of that had led to this day.  I didn’t know he was going to be talking about those things until that morning.  It was such a good surprise and it made me feel like the fabulous five were, somehow, represented that morning after having been such a major part of my life.

Paul’s vows to me blew mine to him right out of the water.  Here’s a shot of the pastor right as he remarks to the congregation that, in case they couldn’t hear, Paul’s vows were good.

And then, before we knew it, it was over!  We walked out to This Will Be (An Everlasting Love) by Natalie Cole.

As guests headed to the reception, we stopped to make a few photos.  A picture of me, my mom and my dad all in the same shot?  I’ll treasure having it forever.

And of course these little ones were still around!

So sweet of Paul and his mama.

And, a couple of pictures that mean so much to me, that I can’t even begin to describe it.

But the fun wasn’t over yet.  Up next was the reception!

Comments

Comment from Katie
Time: November 20, 2012, 1:27 pm

When I think of the emails we have exchanged on the subject of singleness, to see you in your wedding dress brings such joy to my heart! The pictures and your day look beautiful.

Comment from Rebekah
Time: November 20, 2012, 3:57 pm

You’re wedding day looks amazingly beautiful. I’m so glad you got to have your morning wedding. I do wonder though where the picture of you and Paul’s first married kiss is! hehe…..i wish I’d been there!

Comment from Rutheee
Time: November 20, 2012, 4:49 pm

Who knew praying for someone during their darkest times could lead to such beauty? Thank you for sharing this with us.

Comment from Knittinchick
Time: November 20, 2012, 7:38 pm

How wonderful! I can feel the joy flooding through those pics.

I love the pic of you walking down the aisle… your friend in the pink dress is looking at Paul watching you… and she mirrors that joy!

Comment from Melissa
Time: November 20, 2012, 7:39 pm

Congratulations! My heart is full of happiness for you.

Comment from Mocha with Linda
Time: November 20, 2012, 8:21 pm

Every time I see pictures of you on your wedding day, I think of the emails we’ve exchanged and the many nights you went home alone from yet another friend’s wedding. I can’t even begin to tell you how full my heart is seeing all of these. Even though I saw them on FB, I thrill to see them again as you parcel them out as the week and day progresses.

Paul’s face as you walked down the aisle is a treasure. I love watching the grooms as they see their bride approach!

And the pic of you with your parents made me smile and yet it breaks my heart that it is such a rarity. Hugs.

And little Miss Aviean and you. I simply have no words. Utterly precious!!

Comment from Jamie
Time: November 20, 2012, 10:38 pm

Even though I had the pleasure of viewing these earlier on facebook, I LOVED hearing about what was going on. They are all so lovely! The picture of Paul when you were walking down the aisle is beautiful and you looked so happy as you were on your way to him too.
So so so so so happy for you!

Comment from nlynch
Time: November 20, 2012, 10:59 pm

LOVE this recap of your special day!!!
Beautiful.
Many, many blessings to you and Paul.

Comment from Kellye
Time: November 28, 2012, 9:03 pm

I am enjoying hearing and seeing about your wedding. Thanks for sharing. More…more!,

Comment from EG
Time: November 29, 2012, 4:11 pm

Yay, welcome back! I’m all caught up now. :) Love you in the teal blue shower dress with belt. Love your ladies’ luncheon and the concept of you honoring them!

back to Home