Religion Blogs - Blog Top Sites

Currently…

… living with a broken ankle.  We were taking Aviean to Disney on Ice for her birthday when I missed a stair and fell.  Tiny break, bruised bone (I didn’t know this was possible either), three torn ligaments, one stretched ligament and some impressive swelling.

… happy that I got to take Aviean to Dollywood, even if I went in a wheelchair.  The best part was when she went into a museum that features Dolly’s clothes and exclaimed that it was like going into “Aunt Kelly’s closet ” (my mom).

… frustrated with infertility.  I am finding it to be a very lonely road that Paul and I are on when it comes to fertility.  I wish it wasn’t such a taboo topic and people felt okay to talk about it.

… needing a weight loss cheerleader.  Do you use MyFitnessPal?  Do you want to be my cheerleader?  I’ll be yours.

… thankful for a husband who takes care of me when I can’t walk around the house very well.

… appreciating Snuggles y Cuddles, even when they are occasionally naughty puppies (by puppies, I of course mean middle aged dogs).

… volunteering with a group called Now I Lay Me Down to Sleep.  When a family loses an infant at or before birth, I go to the hospital and provide a free photography session so that they have pictures of their child.

… looking forward to decorating my house for Christmas!  Snuggles y Cuddles are getting stockings this year whether Paul likes it or not.

Comments

Comment from Mae
Time: October 24, 2013, 3:08 pm

I hope this isn’t out-of-place to mention here, but have you looked into the Weston Price Foundation? They advocate a traditional foods diet and I’ve heard many success stories from couples who struggled with infertility and implemented the WAPF diet and were able to conceive. The facebook page “Nourishing Our Children” is a great place to start and learn about resources for WAPF. Prayers and hope that all will turn out well for you!

Comment from Jarvis Noelle
Time: October 24, 2013, 4:12 pm

HI!!!

I hope you remember me! We have communicated before via e-mail, and I’d love to have you as my cheerleader, and I’ll be yours!!!! Let’s do this!!! (Didn’t that sound really cheery?…lol)

jarvisnoelle.blogspot.com

Comment from Laura
Time: October 24, 2013, 6:51 pm

Amy Beth:

So good to hear from you. Sorry to hear about your ankle and the infertility struggles. I know that it can be a very lonely road with a lot of different emotions that come into play. I wish you the very best and can’t wait for the day that I can read that you have been busy with morning sickness! I also want to say how wonderful it is the organization you are volunteering with. Your photography is beautiful and I know that you are truly blessing these families and providing them with something they can hold on to.

Comment from Krissie
Time: October 24, 2013, 9:05 pm

You should check out a website called fertilityfriend.com. There is a membership fee, but it’s really reasonable and TOTALLY worth it. Lots of women on there dealing with various levels of infertility and/or loss. You will not feel so alone. I found the site after a miscarriage I had before Evie and I’m still connected with women from that site more than 2 years later. Also, I just about cried when I read about NILMDTS, I can’t even begin to tell you what that organization and one photographer in particular means to my family. We found out a week before my sweet niece was born that she likely had trisomy 18, and wouldn’t make it but a couple hours. She managed 8 wonderful months, and that photographer has given us an unbelievable number of pictures from her first moments and then several other times in her short life took more pictures. They are all we have left of her (now I am crying). The gift you are giving those families can not be measured, please know what a huge thing you are doing for them. Validating a short life, and providing memories for years. Thank you for the sacrifice you are making to volunteer with them. It means a lot to me, personally.

Comment from CB
Time: October 25, 2013, 10:07 am

This is my shortish blog about my infertility. Feel free to contact me. I struggled for 3 years, but started the blog Feb 2012 so it’s a little more condensed.

Comment from Rebecca
Time: October 25, 2013, 10:41 am

Our feet seem to be firmly planted on the struggling to get pregnant road too. It seems like everyone I’ve ever met is pregnant and we’re just over here on the sideline cheering them one but wishing we could join the team.

Comment from Rebecca Jo
Time: October 25, 2013, 11:56 am

I’m on MyFitnessPal … love that app… Look me up – I think I’m BecjoVincent
Infertility is a hard issue… don’t be afraid to talk about it – more people need to
Good for you working with Now I lay… I always wanted to do it myself but so afraid I couldn’t hold myself together.
Heal up quickly!

Comment from CrysHouse
Time: October 25, 2013, 1:26 pm

I will talk about infertility every day if you want. Just email.

Comment from Kate Zerbe
Time: October 25, 2013, 11:42 pm

Infertile…check!
My Fitness Pal…check!

Would love to cheer you on! I’ve used MFP every day since January. I’ve lost 74 pounds…exercise every day, eat healthy & count calories…no crazy fads , just simple numbers. Would love to cheer with you!! My username is Fab5Momplus3 (3 stepsons, 5 adopted littles!) while.im.waiting@gmail.com I love the accountability of My Fitness Pal… keeps me honest!!

Comment from Stacy
Time: October 26, 2013, 2:15 pm

I am sorry to hear about your ankle and infertility. I have heard it is a lonely road to walk. I wonder why that is?

Love when you post to the blog!

Comment from Conny Mc
Time: October 26, 2013, 6:36 pm

Amy Beth I have only one suggestion and that is to look into acupuncture. Mine has helped many ladies become pregnant.

Comment from Becky Jo
Time: October 26, 2013, 7:00 pm

Hey girlie – I am on MFP too. beckyjomama1 – look me up. I will be your cheerleader!!! And I am praying for babies for you guys too!

Comment from Angela
Time: October 27, 2013, 3:59 pm

Amy Beth, can you shoot me an email? Wanted to share some things :)

Comment from Holly
Time: October 27, 2013, 9:54 pm

AmyBeth, I’m so sorry about your fertility struggle. I have dealt with years of fertility issues as well as 4 miscarriages…but I also have 3 beautiful little girls now. Metformin was my saving grace. My blood sugar was the issue causing my infertility. I will be in prayer for you.
Also- a very recent, very personal encounter with Now I Lay Me Down To Sleep. One of my best friends just lost her baby at 32 weeks and was able to have photos taken through this organization. It has been such a blessing to her. Thank you so much for volunteering your time to help these women in need. What a blessing!

In Him,
Holly

Comment from Rutheee
Time: October 28, 2013, 2:37 am

Ouch! Get well!

I prayed that God would send you the right man and I’ll pray that he will send you the right children.

Thanks for touching base.

Comment from bessie.viola
Time: October 28, 2013, 4:21 pm

I’m so sorry to hear that you are struggling. You guys will be wonderful parents one day, whatever your road.

I would love to cheer you on in weight loss, and I can always use another cheerleader. I’m trying to get back into the tracking mode and this would help keep me accountable. My username on MyFitnessPal is bessieviola.

So good to “hear” from you again!

Comment from Trs
Time: October 29, 2013, 12:52 am

So sorry you’re injured. I’m sure it’s so frustrating.
I saw the pic you posted when it happened and I admit, I was envious that when I had an emergency recently, I had to go to ER alone, with no hand to hold. So whatever happens in your life, always be grateful that you have people to sit in the hospital with you!
So proud that you’re working with NILMDTS, it’s my dream to do that. I have a lot to learn first. Bless you for stretching your heart and gifting your talent in that way.

Comment from Maria
Time: October 30, 2013, 11:58 am

Hello there – Nice to read your post, but sorry to hear about your ankle. I hope it heals quickly for you. I’m sure that’s frustrating. And infertility – I’m so sorry you’re going through this. You’d be wonderful parents, and I pray God sends you a little one in His time.

As far as My Fitness Pal, I’d love to be one of your cheerleaders! I think we could all use a little cheering on through life. I tried My Fitness Pal earlier this year but gave up because it was lonely without friends. My ID is MariaIdaho1963. Feel free to add me.

Comment from Jenny
Time: October 31, 2013, 9:11 am

I’d love to cheer you on on fitnesspal! my ID is mcqueenphotography. I’ve had really good luck with it, it keeps me on track. Hugs to you and Paul as you work the the infertility journey. Don’t be afraid to talk about it!

Comment from Sarah
Time: November 1, 2013, 5:42 am

I for one would love to see you blog more about infertility, and weight loss too. I have been struggling to get pregnant for 3 years, and really have no one to share in it with me. You are not alone, and we will succeed!

Comment from Dawn @ Wherever He Leads
Time: November 7, 2013, 11:08 am

So sorry to hear about your ankle! That is no fun! And I am sorry to hear about your struggles with infertility. We have been there and done that. It is such a hard road! And in those times, it seems like everyone around you is getting pregnant at the drop of a hat! You are not alone in this struggle. And I don’t just mean the tons of other couples that are going through the same thing. God is with you in this. He hears your prayers, he knows your heart, he feels your pain. We may not understand His ways and His timing, but He has a plan for your life and His plan will be carried out. He sees the big picture so He knows what is best and when is best. Trust in Him and His ways (easier said than done, I know, but so worth it!).

back to Home